venerdì 9 novembre 2012

Eight million stories out there, and they're naked


It's been a month.
Unbelievable.
It's also unbelievable that I still have to check how to to spell "unbelievable" every time.
Anyway, it's so weird to look back at when this was still a dream. "Hi I'm Chiara and my dream is living in New York City."
When I first told my friends that this was actually going to happen, everybody said the same words:
you deserve it.
I was surprised. Why would they think I deserved it? I remember being flattered,, but also confused, I really wasn't expecting them to think that about me.



Now, as I said, I've been living in New York City for a month. Do I think I deserve this? Maybe.
Do I think I'm the one who can handle it? Yes.
Now, that is shocking, ah? I never said such a thing. Like, ever in my life. But living here is tough. Especially if you are on your own. I don't think you realise it if you just visit the city for some days.

And I'm not just saying it's draining, like Milan is, for example. It's a matter of attitude. For me, pretending to be a badass all day long just to get people listen to me is very difficult. Cause I'm not that person.
I often feel like I'm too kind and vulnerable to get things done here.
And it's true that you sometimes meet very nice people around but the reason why you notice that, is that you feel it's actually out of place.
New York is demanding.
And I'm not complaining about that, I know a lot of people would kill to be in my shoes right now, but I'm telling you, there's no way to be ready for this.
I love this place, every day, no matter what, I wake up with a smile on my face. Every morning I can't wait to get out and breath. And every step I take, I make sure I am feeling it, I try to put all my weight in my legs, down to my feet, touching the sidewalk.


But here is the ugly truth: dreams are not free. 
And they certainly ain't easy. 
"So be careful what you dream, cause it might come true". I heard it a lot here.

But maybe this is what New York is about, you know.

1 commento:

  1. "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".

    You did.

    and another point i agree you with:

    "
    “People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”

    RispondiElimina