domenica 4 novembre 2012

Steps

Since the subway is partially recovering, this morning I was able to get until Wall Street and see the very South of Manhattan.
Firemen are still working very hard to get things back to normal, there's still a lot of water to pump out and there are big power generators everywhere.

So I take a few steps and get to the shore: I am facing the Statue of Liberty, where the Hudson and the East River meet. This place is very quiet, just a few runners around, New York State of Mind is playing in my head. There is a beautiful sun, there are seagulls and there is the Brooklyn Bridge and I am sitting right here:


And everything makes sense.

I can see every step that brought me here. I see the work I put in this and how much it costed me. In terms of eveything.
And I am grateful.
First of all to myself, for making it true.
And then to everybody who kept the sparkle alive, cause sometimes it was just hard.
Because now

Here I am.



1 commento:

  1. I could see every step that brought you there as well...Looking forward to join you.

    RispondiElimina