domenica 14 ottobre 2012

Hello New York

A blog.
Lame.
Who writes a blog anymore? It's just me and the girl from Awkard.
But I figured one day I would have been happy to read about this time in New York City, and I didn't want to be "the-sad-girl-who-writes-in-her-diary", so instead everybody will see me touching my iPad and think I'm doing something cool.
Which I'm not.

Everything started with a scary flight. Of course. I will avoid comments on the useleseness of a drug called Lexotan and jump right to the fun part when I was finally able to see holy land from the plane window. I confess two tears fell down my eyes as I first saw New York down there.
Just two. Cause then a doubt hit me. Maybe I was just staring at freakin' New Jersey.
So maybe I was wasting all these emotions on "pretty much New York" (right, I'm quoting Ted Mosby".

I will try to sum up my first two days in New York. I've already seen a bunch of things (and spent a shitload of money) but the one thing that I instantly loved was Central Park. It's the first place I visited yesterday morning cause I live quite next to it. I was actually the only one who wasn't running or taking a dog out, I was just the smiling one. I couldn't stop doing it. So the first official words I got from a New Yorker were: -Morning gorgeous. And I'm pretty satisfied about that. :)

Last night I went up to the Top of the Rocks but I forgot my camera home so  I've got nothing to show here. And today I climbed the Empire State Building and visited the Moma. All by myself (thanks Celine Dion). Everybody is really surprised that I'm alone here cause when I do touristic stuff nobody expects a young girl to travel by herself.
Today I had lunch at Bryant Park and it was lovely, I bought some food around and put together a 9  Euros meal which was really good.


1 commento:

  1. Rivedere quei posti, una stretta allo stomaco. Una nostalgia che sono NYC può lasciare!

    Good Luck Chiara <3

    RispondiElimina