martedì 16 ottobre 2012

Fire, stairs and bad choices

What about a fire alarm that breaks out in the middle of the night?
I woke up after nearly ten minutes that this sound was disturbing my sleep, and I realizaed I was sweating like a pig. So I imagined there actually was some fire, from a bonfire to some fireworks. Something that could explain all of that sweat.
I opened my bedroom door and there were surprised people staring at each other, trying to understand if it was really the case to run down 7 floors.
I didn't hesitate, I prefer some jogging to burning flesh.

Now, you know how you always give perfectly reasonable answers when they ask you: -What would you save from your burning house?
Yeah, forget it. You're lying. I, for instance, just had the inspiration to put on pants and take the room key. That's it. I would love to say I saved my pc, or my iPad or some romantic photographies or at least take a blanket not to get frozen in the night like Leonardo Di Caprio in the ocean.

So I followed everybody down the stairs just to reach the lobby and find out there was actually no fire. I was still half asleep, but awake enough to complain about the false alarm: -are you kidding me?   Just tell me there were at least some students baking marshmallows under the smoke detecting device.

No way. I just climbed back those seven floors (nobody really felt safe enough to use the elevator) and heard a guy saying: I took my Passport with me, at least I could have stayed in the US.

Right. The Passport next time, Chiara.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento