domenica 28 ottobre 2012

World War Sandy

Guys,
I hate telling you this, but you're totally overreacting. Jeez, you're stocking up on water and beer like you're supposed to pee all together non-stop for a week to fight this hurricane!.
I mean, there are neverending lines outside every single store! You're never gonna eat that stuff, in a week you're throwing away everything because you always eat outside, you're not gonna learn how to cook in one night. You are newyorkers, for God's sake, no matter what, tomorrow morning you'll be in line at Starbucks like today you were lining up at the grocery store. No hurricane is gonna prevent you from getting your usual skinny pumpkin latte half and half with just a hint of cinnamon.

Me? It was quite clear after the fire alarm that I'm not very good in emergency situation. I get super confused. I just got back from the grocery store and this is what I bought:
-a bottle of water
-2 eggplants
-1 onion
-grapes
-1 box of taco shells
-refried beans
-1 chocolate muffin
-and one candle.
I bought one freekin' green candle. What's wrong with me?
The wind outside is pretty scary at the moment, now I'm listening to the news on TV and there's the Governor of New Jersey saying we still have from 4 to 5 hours to get prepared and then nobody has to go out on the streets. The worst is gonna be tomorrow, which is just a bummer cause I had a ticket for the show Chicago on Broadway for tomorrow night.
Public transports are shutting down in 10 minutes and seeing images of Times Square completely empty is impressive. Mitt Romney is asking everybody to say a prayer for those living on the East Coast. Wow.
We'll see what happens.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento