domenica 21 ottobre 2012

Mickey, brunch and walks

Today I met a real rude Mickey Mouse who wouldn't give me directions unless I paid him a dollar. I mean, come on Mickey, where's the magic and the wonder? You're not supposed to have a latino accent and you're certainly not sticking to Mr Walt Disney's last willings by begging dollars on the street.

I also had my first New York brunch, which was awesome but heavy, I'm not even having dinner and totally not because I'm too lazy to cook (by the way, I should consider doing something of those baby carrots I bought ages ago. Soon enough they're gonna be grown up women and walk out of my fridge to graduate). Anyway, these are Benedict Eggs with bacon:
Can you believe I still haven't done any shopping? There are so many things to do in the city I just feel 2 months won't even be enough! After brunch I checked out the Chelsea Market which was filled with Halloween decorations, there were some amazing vintage clothes, too bad they were crazy expensive.

Then I took a long, slow walk on the Highline. Loved it. I think it's a must-see in New York. Later on I also enjoyed a 2-hour cruise on a ferry boat.

But again, the high point of the weekend was walking in Central Park, I ended up in Strawberry Fields and right next to the John Lennon Memorial there were three men playing Beatles' song.
Enough for today. Weekend is over. Time to go back to reality I guess.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento